Inspiration for the Week of August 18th
1. I love butterflies! And this ring from Van Cleef & Arpels is to die. Of course I’d probably have to wait for someone to die in order to get one so I’ll just wear the ones I inherited from my husband’s grandmother. I didn’t get the chance to spend much time with her before she passed, but I know we would’ve definitely been shopping BFF’s.
2. This outfit Katie Holmes is sporting is giving me Fall, when it hits 100 degrees (and I know it will) I’ll be staring at this pic willing the cooler weather to finally arrive. Even though we’re still having hot weather I’m going to attempt this outfit this week. Hot weather be damned!
3. Don’t forget to moisturize before bed! I love Estee Lauder and right now Dillard’s and Lord & Taylor each have separate “gift with purchase” promotions going on. Who doesn’t love a GWP?!? If you haven’t tried Advanced Night Repair now is great time to give it a try, your face will thank you. Trust!
4. I have so many maxi skirts! Why did I not think of trying this trick before? I need to try this out this coming weekend. Thanks Glamour for the inspiration.
5. When I’m having a bad hair day, especially once the weekend gets here my go-to is “throw a ball cap on”. I’m trying to get away from that and I’ve started wearing my DKNY felt floppy hat, which surprisingly is quite cool even in the height of summer. I’d like to attempt this look with a scarf, I just need to find the right scarf.
There you have it, my inspirations for the week. What are you looking to for inspiration this week?
Do you have someone in your life who loves to read any chance she gets and is always fabulously dressed? Are you a procrastinator and still haven’t bought/ordered her that special something? Well you’re in luck, because I’ve done the searching for you. Wasn’t that nice of me? Continue reading
Since my photographer was busy eating his breakfast I wasn’t able to get a good pic of myself wearing my outfit, but I will show you what I wore. I bought this skirt at Kohl’s a while back:
Source: kohls.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
I wanted to wear it Tuesday since it was a bit chilly that day, but I couldn’t figure out what to pair it with. And then the top I ordered from kate spade arrived…
Source: katespade.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
I tried it on and it was so soft! I love it. And I knew exactly what I was going to pair it with. The Dana Buchman skirt I had ordered from Kohl’s. It looked really good on, I promise! 🙂 And here are the heels I wore with it:
Source: endless.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
These BCBGeneration pumps have quickly become one of my favorites. I found them online at Dillards.com, but the shipping was $10 so I went to my local Dillard’s, but their selection of BCBGeneration shoes is dismal. Then we went on our Memphis trip and I found them at the Dillard’s in Memphis! Yay, me! I was really hoping to get them in the red or blue, but they didn’t have my size.
And so there you have it, my Outfit for Thursday.
During one of our daily online window shopping excursions that I do with my BTFF, I found this lovely confection, at where else? Kate Spade!
The best part? It was (and still is) on sale and I had a 15% off coupon plus Kate Spade offers free shipping! I ♥ her! So my grand total? Fifty-six dollars and change! I’m here to tell you it was worth it! I received this today and of course I had to try it on immediately and I love it! It’s so soft and the fit is perfect and I know exactly what I’m going to pair it with first. Stay tuned, I’ll post a pic of the complete outfit later.
kate spade | womens tops and sweaters – kate spade city lights kit sweater.