Inspiration for the Week of August 18th
1. I love butterflies! And this ring from Van Cleef & Arpels is to die. Of course I’d probably have to wait for someone to die in order to get one so I’ll just wear the ones I inherited from my husband’s grandmother. I didn’t get the chance to spend much time with her before she passed, but I know we would’ve definitely been shopping BFF’s.
2. This outfit Katie Holmes is sporting is giving me Fall, when it hits 100 degrees (and I know it will) I’ll be staring at this pic willing the cooler weather to finally arrive. Even though we’re still having hot weather I’m going to attempt this outfit this week. Hot weather be damned!
3. Don’t forget to moisturize before bed! I love Estee Lauder and right now Dillard’s and Lord & Taylor each have separate “gift with purchase” promotions going on. Who doesn’t love a GWP?!? If you haven’t tried Advanced Night Repair now is great time to give it a try, your face will thank you. Trust!
4. I have so many maxi skirts! Why did I not think of trying this trick before? I need to try this out this coming weekend. Thanks Glamour for the inspiration.
5. When I’m having a bad hair day, especially once the weekend gets here my go-to is “throw a ball cap on”. I’m trying to get away from that and I’ve started wearing my DKNY felt floppy hat, which surprisingly is quite cool even in the height of summer. I’d like to attempt this look with a scarf, I just need to find the right scarf.
There you have it, my inspirations for the week. What are you looking to for inspiration this week?
Do you have someone in your life who loves to read any chance she gets and is always fabulously dressed? Are you a procrastinator and still haven’t bought/ordered her that special something? Well you’re in luck, because I’ve done the searching for you. Wasn’t that nice of me? Continue reading
I had seen the commercials for The Shops at Target, but to be honest I was excited to see what Polka Dog Bakery had to offer and didn’t really see any of the commercials featuring The Webster shop. Well that changed once I spotted the clothing from The Webster at Target! After we had taken our moms to dinner for Mother’s Day we decided to walk around Target and since it was Mother’s Day my hubby was feeling generous so I tried on the jacquard eyelet skirt in navy and I loved it! My hubby not so much at first, but once he saw it up close he liked it, although either way I was going to buy it. 😉 Next thing I tried on was the the ruffle skirt with the flamingo print, I think this is my favorite piece of the line. It just makes you feel like your in Miami or South Beach, I love it! I wanted to try the deco print dress, but they were out in my size and this line seems to run true to size. I also picked up some great accessories for when we head to the beach ourselves. The wide brim navy stripe hat is great and the plus is that you can shape the brim however you want. And last but certainly not least is the cream wallpaper beach bag. It has a cute gold flamingo dangling from one of the handles and a removable green coin purse. So cute! Have you bought any pieces from The Webster at Target or do you plan to?
Since my photographer was busy eating his breakfast I wasn’t able to get a good pic of myself wearing my outfit, but I will show you what I wore. I bought this skirt at Kohl’s a while back:
Source: kohls.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
I wanted to wear it Tuesday since it was a bit chilly that day, but I couldn’t figure out what to pair it with. And then the top I ordered from kate spade arrived…
Source: katespade.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
I tried it on and it was so soft! I love it. And I knew exactly what I was going to pair it with. The Dana Buchman skirt I had ordered from Kohl’s. It looked really good on, I promise! 🙂 And here are the heels I wore with it:
Source: endless.com via Sweetpea on Pinterest
These BCBGeneration pumps have quickly become one of my favorites. I found them online at Dillards.com, but the shipping was $10 so I went to my local Dillard’s, but their selection of BCBGeneration shoes is dismal. Then we went on our Memphis trip and I found them at the Dillard’s in Memphis! Yay, me! I was really hoping to get them in the red or blue, but they didn’t have my size.
And so there you have it, my Outfit for Thursday.
Loving this skirt! The color is Apricot Mist and is perfect for Valentines day and beyond.
BCBGMAXAZRIA – VALENTINE’S DAY SHOP: ALEXANDRA A-LINE SKIRT.